Aug 13, 2008


Most EU citizens, as well as those from Norway and Iceland, can visit Spain for up to ninety days with just their national identity card or passport. UK citizens do not need work permits at all in Spain as they are members of the EU. However, EU nationals wishing to stay longer than ninety days need to apply for a permiso de residencia (EU residence permit) in Spain.

A temporary residency permit is valid for up to a year, and you'll need an extension after that (valid for up to five years). You’ll be able to make your applications need at the “Oficina de Extranjeros” in the main cities or at the police station nearest to where you'll be taking up residency.

Keep in mind, however, that visa requirements do change and it is always advisable to check the current situation before leaving home. Visa is required by all except the following countries for stays of up to 90 days:
  • Nationals EU countries, Australia, Canada, Japan and US.
  • Nationals of Andorra, Argentina, Aruba, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Korea (Rep. of), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Switzerland, Uruguay, Vatican City and Venezuela.
  • Transit passengers continuing their journey by the same or first connecting aircraft provided holding valid onward or return documentation and not leaving the airport (except nationals of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia and Sri Lanka who always require a transit visa).
To stay longer , EU nationals (and citizens of Norway and Iceland) can apply for a permiso de residencia (EU residence permit) once in Spain.

Below you can see some embassies and consulates Spain

Australia Embassy Plz. Del Descubridor Diego de Ordás, 3, Madrid tel 914/419 300 or 914/425 362.
Canada Embassy: C/Núñez de Balboa 35, 28001, Madrid tel 914/314 300, fax 914/312 367.
Ireland Honorary Consul: C/Castillo 8, 4° A, Santa Cruz de Tenerife tel 922/245 671, fax 922/249 957.
Embassy: P° de la Castellana 36 Madrid tel 915/763 500, fax 914/351 677.
New Zealand Embassy: Plaza de la Lealtad, 2, 3°, Madrid tel 915/230 226 or 915/230 171.
South-Africa Consulate: C/Franchy Rosa 5, 6° 35007, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria tel 928/226 004, fax 928/226 015.
Britain Consulate: Plaza de Weyler, Santa Cruz de Tenerife tel 922/286 863, fax 922/289 903). Embassy: C/de Fernando el Santo 16, Madrid tel 913/190 200.
USA Honorary Consul: Los Martínez de Escober, 3, Oficina 7, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria tel 928/271 259.
Embassy: C/Serrano, 75, Madrid tel 915/872 200, fax 915/872 303.

No comments: